So, in the couples' small group I have joined, we are reading Carpe Diem by Tony Campolo. I can already tell it's going to be a good read. I'm holding myself back from reading ahead, because it's a pretty easy read, and Tony Campolo is always insightful.
If it isn't obvious already, the book (so far) illustrates that as a society, we are dead, and we need to revive the passion in our lives. We need to live purposefully rather than simply surviving the day-to-day hamster wheel into which the busy American life has turned.
I have to admit that I do often feel like I am on a hamster wheel. I have basically the same routines every day: Wake up, get ready, feed Shadow, drive to work, check email, check my bugs, eat, study, go home, study, watch some t.v., talk to hubby, go to bed. I was telling the group at our meeting last night, that I am often looking forward to the "next thing" whatever that may be, and rarely actually enjoy the moments I'm living in at the present. Even now, I feel anxious about the "next thing" and I don't even know what that is! I don't really feel like I am seizing today, that I am living passionately. I don't really know what I am passionate about.
So, I want to pick your brains. Tell me what it is that YOU are passionate about. What is it that makes you feel like you are truly living life, rather than just staying afloat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment